A CHANGE IN LEADERSHIP – ARE YOU UP FOR IT?
BoA BUSINESS is a community of 500 business people based in and around Bradford on Avon… The time is now right for this group to use its voice in support of a stronger, more dynamic town economy.
After serving for four years, the current Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer/Secretary are all standing down at the AGM on 6 March. We are therefore looking for new blood to take BoA Business forward to its next stage of development.
We believe this offers an exciting opportunity to build an even more dynamic and strong business community in the town and we urge you to consider putting your name forward to the membership. If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Eberlin or Ruth Warren.
Nominations are being sought from among the 500 members who work for an income generating business based in the Bradford on Avon area (including the surrounding villages of Holt, Limpley Stoke, Monkton Farleigh, South Wraxall, Staverton, Westwood, Wingfield and Winsley).
Once the nominations are made, we will offer to explain to each nominee the detailed thinking behind the proposed new strategic direction, as well as some thoughts about initial initiatives that might be undertaken. Please send us your thoughts on this document.
NOMINATIONS: There are three posts to be filled: Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer/Secretary. If you would like to be nominated, please complete the form below.
Your nomination should be received by no later than midday on Wednesday 20 February.
VOTING: It is important that every member has the opportunity to be involved in the selection of those who are going to lead the group. For the first time, so long as there is more than one nomination for each post, we are conducting an online poll.
Friday 22 February: email invitation to vote, with links to the online poll, will be sent out to all those on the mailing list as at midnight on Thursday 7 February.
Thursday 27 February: a further email will be sent out reminding people of the poll and the deadline.
Monday 4 March: the poll closes 10:00am.
Wednesday 6 March: results of the poll announced at the AGM (details to follow).
The role of the CHAIR:
- Recruit members for and chair regular meetings of the BoA Business Steering Group.
- Oversee the regular networking programme.
- Oversee communications with the membership (using email and social media).
- Oversee the new Strategy programme.
- Oversee the financial accounts as prepared by the Secretary/Treasurer.
- Act as the lead spokesperson for businesses in BoA and surrounding villages.
- Ensure BoA Business representation in relevant town/Area Board bodies/meetings.
- Call and chair the AGM.
The role of the VICE-CHAIR:
- Supporting the Chair, as agreed between them.
The role of the TREASURER / SECRETARY:
- Maintain the finances of BoA Business.
- At regular meetings of BoA Business, maintaining a record of decisions and actions agreed.
- Responsibility for ensuring adherence to privacy data rules.
- Provide occasional extra admin support to the Chair and Vice-Chair.
The Chair and Vice-Chair have the freedom to decide how best to deliver against expectations. This may include recruitment of a team with skills to lead/coordinate particular areas such as: social media (including the website), events, business-to-business, retail/hospitality, Town Council liaison.
The nomination form: